View Full Version : Looking for button board replacement fro IPAQ 5550

dwoloschuk
05-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi!

Just recently, the USB port on my IPAQ has stopped working when it comes to syncing with my PC (the recharge function still works, thankfully). But I can now only sync via wireless. I figure that after nearly 2 years of daily use, the bottom port is toast.

I'd consider upgrading, but with Window Mobile 5 just announced a few days ago, I am hesitant to buy a new device until the next generation adopts the new OS. Besides...I still love my shiny silver ipaq a lot :mrgreen: .

So I want to replace the part (the internal sync connector is attached to the button board of the device). I tried HP, but they won't sell the actual replacement part to me :( . I know its a long shot, but does anyone know if someone in Canada (or even better Edmonton, Alberta :wink: ) might stock the replacement part?

Thanks,
David

jickbahtech
05-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Truthfully I dont know of any physical stores that stock PPC repair parts.
You might wanna check out PocketPCTechs.com
They've always been very helpful to me, and their services come highly recommmended by the rest of the online communities.

dwoloschuk
05-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Yeah...I did check them out. They have the part, but their cost of shipping to Canada kind of killed it for me. $70 us for the part and $50 US for shipping seemed a little steep.

Especially since that amount is a good portion of the cost of buying a new PDA :roll: .

Thanks for the heads up though.

Much appreciated.

kiwiruss
05-20-2005, 04:46 PM
I am not sure if they still stock the parts,

But I got a new connector board for my 5455 from pdaparts.

It was $60 with instructions and a screwdriver.

My pda worked fine after putting in the new board.

adownie
05-20-2005, 10:08 PM
When buying parts from PDA Smart.com you should ask them to confirm the condition of the replacement part.

I have recently bought a screen for my iPaq and it has been previously repaired. They do NOT state 'NEW' on their web site.
:evil: :twisted:
I have asked for a reduction in the price of the part but have had NO response.

NOT a good company to deal with.