View Full Version : Start Menu problems

crzymelly
05-12-2005, 02:22 AM
I had an IPAQ 3870 and it was having problems like itask was popping up and going haywire without even pressing the itask button and anything relating to itask and it was flashing and flicking, and if was to adjust some settings i would select the setting i want and then it would randomly change. As well as when i would tap the start menu the menu would pop up and disappear straight away. So i hard reset the IPAQ. All the problems were solved except the start menu. plus the now the itask button is like dead, when you press the button nothing happens whatsoever. My main problem is the start menu, but then after like about 10min or more, the start menu is then find, but when i open file explorer the first file/folder on top will be constantly flickering. So i dont know what the problem is.

Can anyone please help??

Menneisyys
05-12-2005, 09:47 AM
I had an IPAQ 3870 and it was having problems like itask was popping up and going haywire without even pressing the itask button and anything relating to itask and it was flashing and flicking, and if was to adjust some settings i would select the setting i want and then it would randomly change. As well as when i would tap the start menu the menu would pop up and disappear straight away. So i hard reset the IPAQ. All the problems were solved except the start menu. plus the now the itask button is like dead, when you press the button nothing happens whatsoever. My main problem is the start menu, but then after like about 10min or more, the start menu is then find, but when i open file explorer the first file/folder on top will be constantly flickering. So i dont know what the problem is.

Can anyone please help??

It seems your iTask button has contact problems - it seems it's always jumping between the off and on OR it's constantly in 'on' state because it's corroded or something like that. You may want to take apart your device and try to fix the problem yourself - mehcnanical problems like this are usually easy to correct. If nothing else works, just disable the button entirely by removing one of the pins. It will fix all the problems you've mentioned at the epense of your button becoming completely dead.

phs
06-24-2005, 03:41 AM
Maybe if you assign <none> to the offending button.
Go to Start>>Settings>>Buttons.

Forget that. I assigned <none> and the button still closes the Start menu.