View Full Version : iMATE JAM

stsanford
05-10-2005, 10:09 PM
just wanted to run an informal poll...

Is the iMATE JAM ready for prime time?
I've had the T-Mo PPCPE and Motorola MPX200. I've paid my dues. I need a machine that's reliable and which doesn't need to be rebooted daily.
Will the Imate be able to do this?

I currently use the following additional software:
Two Peaks Bill Rate
Pocket Informant
HandBase
Vindigo
WinCE
LogMeIn
Terminal Services Client
Pocket VNC

I was thinking of getting Microsoft Voice Command as well to help with hands-free dialing.
Also, how is the bluetooth headset? Can you answer calls from the headset? Can you end them?

Thanks sooooo much!

ivancingular
05-10-2005, 10:45 PM
As a salesperson for Cingular in Redmond, WA, 90% of our store's business is with Microsoft employees, so Windows Mobile devices are a BIG part of our business.

I personally own the iMate Jam. I liked it's HTC-built big sister, Siemens branded for us as the SX66, however found it to be just too big.

Microsoft employees started bringing in the QTEK branded version of the Jam several months ago, and although I loved the form factor, I wasn't wild about the fact that it didn't come with the GSM 850 band (Which Cingular uses, overlayed with the 1900).

About two months ago, I did some surfing and stumbled across Dave Weiniger's Mad Monkey Boys Gadgets site, and saw he was shipping units WITH the 850 band.

I snapped one up, and it's been love ever since... instead of carrying a phone, a PDA and an MP3 player, I'm now down to one device..

Solid device - no hardware issues as is the case with the iPaq, or the Motorola MPX200 and the now-shelved MPX and MPX220

For a smaller form-factor, I highly recommend the Audiovox SMT5600