View Full Version : Getting a photo from my PC to my PPC

dannyb
05-10-2005, 06:25 PM
I own an Ipaq 3970 using Windows 2002. I have a photo on my PC which I would like to put onto my PPC as my today image. I have copied it to my PPC storage card but when I try to open it I get the message " IPAQ Image Viewer could not allocate enough memory to complete the requested operation" I did alter the image and reduce it's size to 338.09kB before copying it to my storage card. How can I fix it please?
Thanks

Menneisyys
05-11-2005, 10:24 AM
I own an Ipaq 3970 using Windows 2002. I have a photo on my PC which I would like to put onto my PPC as my today image. I have copied it to my PPC storage card but when I try to open it I get the message " IPAQ Image Viewer could not allocate enough memory to complete the requested operation" I did alter the image and reduce it's size to 338.09kB before copying it to my storage card. How can I fix it please?
Thanks

First, 340 kbytes are far too much for a Today image. Resize the image to QVGA size (240*320). Put the converted file in \My Documents.

Then, open Pictures (if you already have the WM2003 upgrade), select the image you've just uploaded and select Tools/Set as Today Wallpaper.

dannyb
05-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks for that, but, how do I resize it to that size and format? Also, I am using Windows 2002

Menneisyys
05-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks for that, but, how do I resize it to that size and format? Also, I am using Windows 2002

I recommend, for example, PictureTray ( http://www.picturetray.com/ ) for this.

Prashant Rana
05-13-2005, 06:08 AM
Hi Dannyb,

Cant you just copy the image and paste it in your Pocket PC once you are connected with your PC using ActiveSync?

Thanks.

Menneisyys
05-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Now I see you only have PPC2k2 (that is, no built-in Pictures). Then, you may want to use Microsoft Theme Generator ( http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/themegenerator.mspx ) to create a TSK file of your pic on your desktop.