View Full Version : Bluetooth will not turn off

Mark Kenepp
05-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Hello All,

Last night I used my iPaq 2215 to dial my mobile so I turned on blutooth on both devices. I don't use bluetooth that often so I haven't turned it on for many months.

Anyway, now it won't turn off! I tried deleting the pairings, unchecking all the enable checkboxes in bluetooth settings, a soft reset... still blinking blue.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Darius Wey
05-11-2005, 05:13 AM
Anyway, now it won't turn off! I tried deleting the pairings, unchecking all the enable checkboxes in bluetooth settings, a soft reset... still blinking blue.

This is a stupid question, but have you actually tapped on the Bluetooth icon and selected "Turn Bluetooth Off"? By default, soft-resetting won't turn it off if it is left on before the soft-reset. The Pocket PC remembers the state of the Bluetooth service for the next reboot.

Mark Kenepp
05-11-2005, 05:54 PM
This is a stupid question, but have you actually tapped on the Bluetooth icon and selected "Turn Bluetooth Off"? By default, soft-resetting won't turn it off if it is left on before the soft-reset. The Pocket PC remembers the state of the Bluetooth service for the next reboot.

Good question! Oh... if it were only that simple (and maybe it is).

It was the first thing I did.

The second thing I tried was to go into the bluetooth settings and turn it off from there. Either way, it immediately turns itself back on again.

Maybe there is some setting that I am missing that requires bluetooth that keeps turning it on. I figured if there was some program running that uses it, a soft reset would kill it and allow bluetooth to turn off.

Is there some cache somewhere that I could clear?

I would assume that there is a registry setting that would turn it off but searching the registry, I found nothing obvious.

Thanks for the reply,

surur
05-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Maybe you set up the mail program to check mail regularly using bluetooth GPRS?

Surur

Mark Kenepp
05-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Maybe you set up the mail program to check mail regularly using bluetooth GPRS?

Surur

Just checked, no autochecking in either of my mail accounts.

Thanks,

Mark