View Full Version : SD Card - File not displaying under PPC

oli_c
05-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Hi,
for some unknown reason, when adding a new file (.CAB) to my Sandisk Industrial Grade 128MB SD card using my PC card readers, the new file isn't displayed when browsing the card from my PPC device... I see the other files but not the new one :?: .

I see the new file when I insert the card beck into my card reader...

I've re-formatted (under W2000/ FAT) the card and re-copied all its content on it using the card reader... now I can't see any file anymore from within PPC... but all of them under W2000...

Can anyone help???

Thx

yankeejeep
05-10-2005, 03:27 PM
What are you using as a file manager on your PPC? I think that the WM built-in file explorer considers CAB files to be system files and will not display them. It has been so long since I used anything other than Resco File Explorer that I don't remember how CAB files are classed. This non-display of system files is something most third-party file managers allow you to override.

Menneisyys
05-10-2005, 04:02 PM
What are you using as a file manager on your PPC? I think that the WM built-in file explorer considers CAB files to be system files and will not display them. It has been so long since I used anything other than Resco File Explorer that I don't remember how CAB files are classed. This non-display of system files is something most third-party file managers allow you to override.

CAB files are not considered to-be-hidden files by Pocket File Explorer.

Menneisyys
05-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi,
for some unknown reason, when adding a new file (.CAB) to my Sandisk Industrial Grade 128MB SD card using my PC card readers, the new file isn't displayed when browsing the card from my PPC device... I see the other files but not the new one :?:

You need to refersh the directory view. Step out of the directory, and then, back.

If you still can't see the file, just reset the PDA. Some PDA's like the Dell Axim x50v and the Pocket Loox 720 that have the new Intel periphere controller may need a reset some time to notice there're new files on the card.