View Full Version : Max Capacity CF / SD cards for hx4700

jascam
05-10-2005, 03:55 AM
Hi All,

Can anybody tell me if they have sucessfully used a 4 Gb CF card with an hx 4700 please? I've been looking at a 4 Gb Kingston card, the 4 Gb Elite Pro - their website states that the max capacity card of this type the 4700 can use is 2 Gb but I suspect that's just because they haven't actually tested it yet. HP Tech support would only say that they have tested the unit with a 1 Gb CF card and that it meets CF standards. I had read that there may be problems with the 4 Gb cards - I also see that the impending 4700 ROM update mentions improvements to card addressing.

Similarly for an SD card - are people using 1 Gig cards OK?

Thanks. I searched the forums and couldn't come up with an answer to this, apologies if I missed something and it's already been covered.[/url]

dlangton
05-10-2005, 05:07 AM
Sorry I can't help you, but I'm surprised that there's even a question about compatibility. I'm using a Jornada 567, PocketPC 2002, with both a 4GB CF card and a 1GB SD card. I'm having no problems.

Kati Compton
05-10-2005, 03:50 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

My x50v works just fine with it, though I know that's not the same level of verification that you're looking for.

If it makes you feel better, I think some 4GB CF cards have a mode where you can divide it into 2 2GB partitions and flip a physical switch to go between them, so if you get one of those and the 4700 can only address 2GB, you can still use all the space, although in an annoying manner.

Peter Traugot
05-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Well, I have a 4 gig micro drive and use it without any problems. Since it maps the same functions as a solid state card, I can't see that you would have a problem. In fact, I know you can use a 6 gig microdrive with these things.

jascam
05-11-2005, 02:34 AM
Thanks guys.