View Full Version : Best coding/hacking music genre?

David Prahl
05-06-2005, 06:54 PM
What's the best music to do some serious programming or hacking to? Any favorite songs?

OSUKid7
05-07-2005, 12:32 AM
The Revolution by BT
It's All About The Pentiums by Weird Al Yankovic

;)

Darius Wey
05-07-2005, 02:37 AM
By hacking music, I assume you mean doing modifications of existing tracks?

If so, perhaps techno may be your best bet. I ACIDify some of my own trance creations from time to time, although these are started from scratch, and not done using existing tracks. Either way, it works well. Roughly the same genre, although not exactly the same.

David Prahl
05-07-2005, 02:46 AM

Actually I was thinking of music that motivates you or puts you in the right mindset to do really geeky stuff like programming or hacking. I like listening to slow classical music when programming and really fast techno or trance when doing 'questionably legal networking activities'. 8)

Think like you're going to make a movie montage of a nerdy project you're working on - what song would you pick?

KTamas
05-07-2005, 07:16 AM

Actually I was thinking of music that motivates you or puts you in the right mindset to do really geeky stuff like programming or hacking. I like listening to slow classical music when programming and really fast techno or trance when doing 'questionably legal networking activities'. 8)

Think like you're going to make a movie montage of a nerdy project you're working on - what song would you pick?
Watch antitrust - i made two great progs after watching it :D
For music? Weird Al, Danny Elfman, Petra :)

Jacob
05-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Other: Industrial.

Ministry, KMFDM, Rammstein... all good, however Ministry is my favorite.