View Full Version : Couple of questions about my 22xx series ipaq.

de8212
05-04-2005, 04:00 PM
I have an older 22xx series ipaq and have a few questions.

First of all, is there any way to get the screen to display in landscape? I would prefer landscape for things suck as excel, etc.

Also when I sync an excel file over to the ipaq, everything looks fine. But then when I try to open the file up through my pc one thing that happens is that if I print the worksheet it has the gridlines on it. I know for sure they are not on there in the print preview on the pc but after I sync the two they somehow get turned on???
Any ideas?

Darius Wey
05-04-2005, 04:38 PM
I have an older 22xx series ipaq and have a few questions.

First of all, is there any way to get the screen to display in landscape? I would prefer landscape for things suck as excel, etc.

The h2210/h2215 does not have WM2003SE so support for landscape display is not native. Nyditot (http://www.nyditot.com/) can help you change display orientations, but bear in mind that because WM2003 doesn't natively support landscape, some applications will not support it. In reference to your original question, if it's applications like Excel and Word, they do support it.

Also when I sync an excel file over to the ipaq, everything looks fine. But then when I try to open the file up through my pc one thing that happens is that if I print the worksheet it has the gridlines on it. I know for sure they are not on there in the print preview on the pc but after I sync the two they somehow get turned on???
Any ideas?

Check Excel on the PC to ensure you don't have gridline printing enabled by default. To do this, navigate your way to File > Page Setup, then click the Sheet tab. Ensure the Gridlines check box is cleared. If you still have a problem with this, feel free to report back. :)

de8212
05-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the quick reply and info, Darius.

I will look into nyditot.

As for the excel quesiton, yes the Print Gridline box is definately clear. I can make sure it's clear, view the print preview and everything looks fine. ican connect my ipaq to my pc so that the files sync up. Un dock my ipaq and open the file on my ipaq, then immediately close it.
Connect it back to the dock and let it sync. OPen the file on my pc and look at the print preview. Gridlines are showing.

yankeejeep
05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
I have long-since turned off conversion of desktop Excel sheets since I use PlanMaker to view workbooks that I have created in Excel and only use Pocket Excel for lists I create on my PPC. That being said, I think that the gridlines are turned on as part of the conversion to Pocket Excel format and, when sent back to your desktop, the conversion back to Excel format does not turn them off. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think this is the case.

de8212
05-04-2005, 06:59 PM
thanks yankee.

can you tell me how to turn off the conversions? Never heard of planmaker. Is it a freeware app that just views excel documents?

Is there somewhere I can find a list of freeware programs to use with my ipaq?

phs
05-05-2005, 06:31 AM
can you tell me how to turn off the conversions? Never heard of planmaker. Is it a freeware app that just views excel documents?

You can turn of conversions in ActiveSync. There's a checkbox for it somewhere in Options >> Settings

Planmaker is not freeware. It's made by SoftMaker, the same people who make the best word processor for the PocketPC.

Sven Johannsen
05-05-2005, 03:12 PM

You can turn of conversions in ActiveSync. There's a checkbox for it somewhere in Options >> Settings.

The checkbox turns everything on and off. You can set what you want done, by file type, in either direction, per Device, with drop down options. It's under Options/Rule/Conversion Settings