View Full Version : hz4700 sd-card eject - too eager!!

davidb67
05-03-2005, 07:31 PM
I was extremely fortunate to recover my SD card from my 4700 this sunday, after said 4700 fell about 1 foot from the door sill in my car to the ground in a car-park - at the time i was more concerned about the damage that might have been sustained to the iPaq - impact AND water damage - it landed on wet-ish tarmac and there were loads of puddles, but the machine was fine. I hadn't realised it at the time (due to the fact my sat nav app was still running OK), but the sd card has sprung out.

As i we had to pass the same small town on the route home (some 4 hours and 200-odd miles after "the incident"), i was amazed when i pulled into the public carpark just off the main high street, and that my sd-card was still on the deck where it had landed. I was even more pleasantly surprised when I plugged it into a card read on the PC when i got home (didn't risk it in the iPaq for fear of shorting something on the 4700 as the card was covered in water droplets) and right away it showed up.

Same thing happened today in my office but fortunately the impact was cushioned by carpet, and it wasn't sodden wet!

and no, i'm not accident-prone! i am awaiting the arrival of a 1gb card however, and am concerned with the ease at which my 4700 seems to spit them out!!!

david

Sven Johannsen
05-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Flip top case ;)

davidb67
05-03-2005, 07:52 PM
I hear you Sven!!

wise move, methinks!!

Sven Johannsen
05-03-2005, 11:04 PM
I hear you Sven!!

wise move, methinks!!