View Full Version : Any plans for a new HP iPAQ?

broken_halo20575
05-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Has anyone heard anything about a new model or is the HP iPAQ hx4700 Pocket PC the top of the line non-moble phone unit HP offers?

stevelam
05-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Has anyone heard anything about a new model or is the HP iPAQ hx4700 Pocket PC the top of the line non-moble phone unit HP offers?

It looks that way for the moment (not that they would tell us end users about upcoming products anyway).

Don Tolson
05-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Actually, wasn't Jason in some program with HP previously, where he could get 'dirt' on new stuff coming? And he (wisely) dropped out of the program when HP wanted him to censor messages appearing on the site which might be discussing un-released products?

Jason Dunn
05-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Actually, wasn't Jason in some program with HP previously, where he could get 'dirt' on new stuff coming? And he (wisely) dropped out of the program when HP wanted him to censor messages appearing on the site which might be discussing un-released products?

Yup. But even when I was in the program I couldn't have commented on upcoming products - that's the way it used to be at least, but I see other sites under the "NDA" are posting about upcoming products (HP Messenger). So who knows what HP is thinking now...!? Now that I'm not in the program I can...but I don't happen to know anything useful in this case. ;-)

phs
05-05-2005, 06:37 AM
Now that I have an SD Wi-Fi card for my beloved 2210, I think I can resist the Nokia 9500 for a few more months and wait for the VGA PocketPC Phone, it they ever decide to make one.

Darius Wey
05-05-2005, 07:48 AM
and wait for the VGA PocketPC Phone, it they ever decide to make one.

Did you say MDA IV? ;)