View Full Version : Toshiba e740 Screen Problems

tajmahal
05-01-2005, 05:06 PM
I've had my e740 for many months now and have used it without any problems. Last week, I turned the unit on, only to find that the screen was malfunctioning. At first, it seemed that the screen was upside down, inverted, and choppy. I tried a soft-reset, and when the screen came back, it was even worse. I couldn't make out anything, in fact all i could see where lines of color running vertically down the screen. I tried a hard reset and saw the same thing. It seems as though the unit is still functioning properly, as the lcd lines move when i tap a section of the screen (i think they move because everytime i turn it on after the hard reset, its trying to align the stylus). The unit can still active sync properly. I left it alone for a week, hoping it would miraculously come back to life, but it hasn't. Any ideas as to the problem? Is it an LCD problem or a video card problem? Thanks.

PS. i may have hit the unit against a desk while it was in my pants cargo pocket. Maybe the trauma caused this?

tajmahal
05-04-2005, 02:21 AM
I called Toshiba customer support, and they said that the only solution was to swap the unit for a new one for $189 :cry:
I guess there's nothing i can do except buy another one on ebay...