View Full Version : Sonyericsson Z1010 cool idea!!

saru83
04-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Hi there, i have an idea but i need help from someone pro to make sure its gonna work or not.

I live in Canada, and i travel a lot through out canada, currently i use GSM so i was wondering if its possible to use GSM and CDMA on the same phone, i mean switch between them coz some places i travel where GSM is not provided, so what i want to do is use GSM in my home town and CDMA while roming around.

So PLEASE if somebody knows if this is possible using the same phone or not "Sonyericsson Z1010"

Thanks in advance :)

ADBrown
04-30-2005, 01:42 AM
It definitely won't work on the Z1010, which doesn't have CDMA. There are some GSM/CDMA handsets, but I'm not aware of any that will run on GSM within North America.

Paragon
04-30-2005, 03:47 AM
I'm curious, as to where you go in Canada that has CDMA coverage an no GSM? I'm not doubting you, just trying to get a handle on the situation. :) Are you using a GSM phone with the 850mhz band? This can make a big difference in your GSM coverage.

As ADBrown alluded to I don't think you have much of a chance of finding a dual network phone that Mother Bell will allow you to use on her network. She, and the rest of her CDMA friends are very picky that way. ;)

Dave