View Full Version : Sync with Yahoo

jjguarino
04-27-2005, 06:12 PM
I know Yahoo has a tool to sync with microsoft outlook, which in turn can sync outlook to the PDA. Is there way I can cut out middle part of sinking with outlook? Sync Yahoo contacts/emails->PDA?

yankeejeep
04-27-2005, 06:36 PM
If you have paid for POP3 access, then you can simply set up an Inbox/Messaging account to work with your Yahoo email. You will need to check their web site to get the approriate settings for POP access.

I don't know of a way to connect to your Yahoo address book from a PPC, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

jjguarino
04-27-2005, 07:51 PM
I know about pop3 access, just looking for sync instead. I started sniffing Yahoo Intellsync software to outlook, thinking maybe i can throw something together in C to do it.

mattp
05-03-2005, 03:29 AM
Well, wait a minute. Go back and check out Yahoo's Intellisync page again. They've recently added support for more applications, including the Pocket PC:

http://calendar.mail.yahoo.com/YYY,9d9427/srt,0/?v=120&pv=2
(You must be logged in to Yahoo for the link to work)

I haven't tried it as I'm content doing the yahoo-outlook-Pocket PC three-way you described above. It does look like direct sync between Yahoo and Pocket PC is now available, though.

emuelle1
05-03-2005, 12:21 PM
I've been using Ypops to download my Yahoo email to Outlook, then sync to Pocket PC. For the time being I'm content wtih that.