View Full Version : PPC Clock Losing Time -- Help!

doughboy
04-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Can anyone please suggest a solution to my PPC losing time on the clock? Has anyone experience this problem?

My iPAQ 2210 had worked wonderfully and the clock kept magnificent time until I decided to upgrade the ROM to v1.1 this last weekend. The only reason I upgraded was because my SD card, which holds half of my applications, crapped out and erased those programs. I debated the issue with myself and decided it was worth it in order to safely upgrade my Socket WiFi CF card software and driver (a couple reports of the upgrade causing hard resets).

A couple of items seem worse and the only thing that I see that I gained was that the reminder light continues to blink after a notification after the iPAQ screen turns off.

Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated.

Menneisyys
04-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Can anyone please suggest a solution to my PPC losing time on the clock? Has anyone experience this problem?

My iPAQ 2210 had worked wonderfully and the clock kept magnificent time until I decided to upgrade the ROM to v1.1 this last weekend.

I too have (had? Hasn't happened to me for quite a long time...) this problem, if you mean the clock display isn't updated after resume / switching the screen back until you explicitly click it.

The clock only stops (did you experience this? Sorry, my mother tongue isn't English) counting when the battery has almost no charge and, to be on the safe side, the iPAQ hybernates itself. Then, it can't be switched on again until it's put on charger. Then, the clock is set back by the time the PPC was hibernated. Are you sure this wasn't the case?

doughboy
04-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the prompt response and for sharing your experience, Menneisyys. Unfortunately, my battery has not been below 38-40%, and I do not believe this is the issue unless the iPAQ is hybernating prematurely.