View Full Version : How do I restore my PPC data after a hard reset?

TMann
04-22-2005, 08:41 PM
I have a Dell x50v and I am going to upgrade the ROM this weekend to the latest version. Unfortunately, when you hard reset and synch, the Active Sync software will ask you to create a new name for your device, which will then create a new account for that device. Is there some way to get the device to re-sync under the same name?

Thanks in advance.

TMann

coolabah
04-22-2005, 10:37 PM
I have a Dell x50v and I am going to upgrade the ROM this weekend to the latest version. Unfortunately, when you hard reset and synch, the Active Sync software will ask you to create a new name for your device, which will then create a new account for that device. Is there some way to get the device to re-sync under the same name?

Thanks in advance.

TMann

I just went through this recently upgrading from ROM A01 to A02. IIRC, you delete the current partnership first, then place device in cradle, then when asked to sync as a guest or whatever choose the option to set up a new partnership & you choose the (same if you like) name
Hope this helps.......
PS- I copied the PPC documents folder (on the PC) to a backup location first just in case something went awry.....