View Full Version : WM 2003 ActiveSync

John Blasdell
04-21-2005, 11:05 AM
ActiveSync on my Axim X30 High is overly aggressive -- it tries to sync even when it's not connected. I set it up to sync with my laptop via Bluetooth. Now, whenever Bluetooth is turned on, AS tries to sync. Turn it off (Stop in Running Programs) and it turns back on. When the Axim is connected to the Internet thru my phone, I get error messages that AS can't connect to the computer (true; the computer is miles away and not even turned on). Is there any way to disable AS when it's not needed? :?:

Sven Johannsen
04-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Take a look in the schedule sections of AS on the PPC. Something might have accidentally got set to initiate a sync periodically. Most settings should say manual for most folks.

If you've added a PoP3 e-mail service recently you might check to make sure that isn't set up to autoretrieve as well.

There are also other programs that want to go out to the internet to get updates. weather programs, currency converters. You can tell most you don't want them to.

John Blasdell
04-23-2005, 11:18 PM
>>"Something might have accidentally got set to initiate a sync periodically." That was the problem. I misunderstood the "logic" or lack thereof involved. I set it to sync every few minutes via Bluetooth, thinking that IF the PPC was connected to that particular computer via ActiveSync and Bluetooth, THEN it would sync every 5 minutes. The device "thought" if Bluetooth was on, AS should try to connect every 5 minutes. I set it to manual a couple of days ago, and AS hasn't popped up since. Thank you very much! :D