View Full Version : Dell Axim problems-Can anyone help?

MRSB86
04-21-2005, 04:29 AM
The soft reset on my Dell Axim won't work. It has sunk into the device and can't be pushed. There's just a hole there now.

My Contacts are lost. IWell, they're backed up on my computer.)

Now everything is working VERRRRY slowly, like it is dying.

Is it worth it to contact Dell to get it looked at and/or fixed or should I just start looking for a new pocket PC? It is over two years old so, of course, there is no warranty left.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any help.

pr0vider
04-21-2005, 10:33 AM
You could probably get it to properly reset by removing the battery for a time, reinserting it and then resyncronizing with your PC through activesync. Of course, you'd eventually have to reset it later, as the memory once again becomes "clogged" over repeated use.

I'd suggest a new PDA.

emuelle1
04-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't know how Dells are, but I managed to break the soft reset button on my ipaq 3765 last year. Long story; lets just say it's not worth taking out your frustration on a Pocket PC, even if it's the Pocket PC that is causing the frustration in the first place :devilboy: . I found a software reset program that worked fairly well, unless the unit completely locked up, in which case I had left the screws out so if I opened the case and slapped it closed just right it would soft reset. If I did it wrong either nothing would happen or the battery cable would disconnect and I'd have a hard reset on my hands. I can tell you from experience; the 3765 is one hardy device!

I finally solved the problem by ordering a new switchcard from ipaqrepair.com, which not only restored my ability to soft reset the normal way, but it also fixed the sync problem that caused me to lose my temper and break the soft reset switch in the first place.

drop
04-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Spb Pocket Plus gives you the ability to *easily* soft reset from your today screen.

If you don't have memory management program such as MemMaid and haven't soft reset for a while, the device will slow down.