View Full Version : help wanted: My Ipaq 4705 always reset itself to the wrong time.

scarletknight
04-20-2005, 09:30 AM
No matter how many times I setup the correct time in the settings menu, my ipaq 4705 always set its time incorrect by one hour. Please help.

Fishie
04-20-2005, 09:31 AM
No matter how many times I setup the correct time in the settings menu, my ipaq 4705 always set its time incorrect by one hour. Please help.

Check the clock on the computer you sync with.

scarletknight
04-20-2005, 09:40 AM

Check the clock on the computer you sync with.

IT seems to be correct

Darius Wey
04-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Ensure that the regional settings and time zone settings of both your PC and Pocket PC are the same as each other.

scarletknight
04-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Ensure that the regional settings and time zone settings of both your PC and Pocket PC are the same as each other.

Darius Wey, I tried that and yet it stills roll back by an hour every time. I originally thought this was as of result of a soft reset. However, it still continues to be off an hour.

Darius Wey
04-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Darius Wey, I tried that and yet it stills roll back by an hour every time. I originally thought this was as of result of a soft reset. However, it still continues to be off an hour.

Just as a further clarification, because it does seem a little odd: Tap on the date plugin of your Today screen, and ensure that you have Home selected as the current option, and that the time zone is set to your area.

Now if that fails to work, do you have any time/geographical management software installed on your Pocket PC? An example is CityTime.

Jason Dunn
04-20-2005, 02:26 PM
As the others have said, when this happens it's from the time settings. Things to check:

1) Time zone
2) DST setting
3) Pocket PC should be set to HOME clock

scarletknight
04-20-2005, 09:25 PM
As the others have said, when this happens it's from the time settings. Things to check:

1) Time zone
2) DST setting
3) Pocket PC should be set to HOME clock

Where can I have these settings. Thank you.

yankeejeep
04-21-2005, 01:34 AM
Go to Settings...System...Clock & Alarms...Time

scarletknight
04-21-2005, 04:03 AM
Go to Settings...System...Clock & Alarms...Time

After going to settings-clock & alarms several times, my time still gets rollback an hour. Possibly, is this some kind of defect?

yankeejeep
04-21-2005, 11:18 AM
I doubt it is a defect. Run this test to see if it is related to a conflict between your device and your desktop host computer. Before you connect your device, open ActiveSync on your desktop and click Options. Uncheck the box next to 'Synchronize mobile device clock' and then click OK to save the change. Connect your device and then see if the time has changed or remained the same. If the time does not change, you can be certain that your computer and device do not have the same clock settings. Check both to make sure they are set to the same time zone. Also, see if they both are set to adjust for daylight savings.

tbryant2
04-21-2005, 02:12 PM
I was having this problem too and couldn't figure out why. My laptop was showing the correct time but my PPC kept going back an hour. Then I read this thread and just double checked my time settings. It was on the right time but the time zone was wrong. I changed that, then had to reset my laptop clock again and now all is well. Thanks!

This is my first post btw. :)

Teresa