View Full Version : Outlook Calendar add onn Software needed

Eop05
04-17-2005, 06:26 PM
hey, I need a piece of software that can add other calendars to my pocket outlook, or maybe I just need to know how to do it.

For example, on a regular PC on outlook, you can add multiple calendars by adding them as folders. so on my outlook i have 4 calendars for 4 different things (My appointments and reminders(synced with pocketpc); Mets 2005 schedule; my tv programs schedule; etc.)

How can I add a separate calendar into my pocket outlook without merging it in with my current calendar. I wanna add the NY Mets schedule in their as a separate folder/calendar. Is this possible?

SarahMN
04-17-2005, 08:16 PM
First of all I had no idea you could have multiple calendars using desktop Outlook. I have heard of no such program to do that on a PPC. Why not just use different categories and filters?

emuelle1
04-18-2005, 03:39 PM
You can create different Calendar folders in Outlook, but I'm not sure if you can sync them with the Pocket PC. I prefer to keep everything on one calendar and use categories myself, as suggested above.

adsbar
04-21-2005, 09:50 AM
I have been looking for a similar solution, and I've found one that works for me.

First, I haven't been able to find a current program that gives you a full-featured Outlook calendar separate from your "personal" since Pocket Lookout went out of business. You can still go to their site for support, but maybe they could point you in the right direction.

I have just downloaded the trial of Intellisync Handheld edition at work and use it to import our Public calendar from the server into my Personal Calendar, which then synchronizes via Activesync. I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but the synchronization is very customizable. You can make it one-way, so your personal appointments don't go into a public calendar. $69.95

One caveat - you must have administrator rights on your machine and over the Outlook Public Folder in question. I had to get permission from my IT dept, and they actually sent someone to do the install.

Hope it helps,

Alan