View Full Version : Free PPC Tablet software?

Decker
04-16-2005, 09:16 PM
I can't remember exactly, but it was sometime last year, there was a post of a free basic program that allowed you to turn your Pocket PC into a tablet/touch pad for your desktop. I have searched for everything under the sun and couldn't find it. If anyone knows what I am talking about, or could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. I realize there are commercial programs out there like PPC Tablet, but that seems to be overkill for what I am looking for. Thanks for you help.

Darius Wey
04-17-2005, 02:10 AM
Hello Brad, long time member and first post eh? Anyway, welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts. :)

The program you are thinking of is TabletPC. Now this is where it gets funny, because you've now seen the PPC Tablet product, which is made by the exact same people who made TabletPC. TabletPC was considered as Version 1 of their software, and that was free. It wasn't as stable as PPC Tablet, and since then, they've scrapped TabletPC and focused all attention into developing PPC Tablet (Version 2), which is fast, responsive and very stable.

I honestly recommend giving that a go, but if paying for that kind of software isn't your cup of tea, then there's another program called Stylish (http://www.kasuei.com/stylish/), which is still in beta, and in my testing, is as unstable as a grizzly bear on steroids. Also, its feature set is nowhere near as big as PPC Tablet's.

I hope that helped point you in some sort of direction. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. :)

Patrick Y.
04-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but how does Stylish work? I downloaded it long time ago but I've never understand what it does exactly.

Darius Wey
04-17-2005, 02:33 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but how does Stylish work? I downloaded it long time ago but I've never understand what it does exactly.

It runs on your Pocket PC and using the stylus on the Pocket PC screen, you can control the mouse pointer on your PC, after establishing a network connection between the PC and Pocket PC. It does not support profiles or anything along the lines of that, which PPC Tablet otherwise does.

Patrick Y.
04-17-2005, 02:35 AM
Thanks. :D It really helped.

Decker
04-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Ha Ha, yeah I visite every day. I am usually the strong silent type, quietly observing, saving it for when it counts, but I have had a recent need for the software and of course this is the first place I come to get the answers. Yeah, I guess I don't have much choice, and I am sure in the end I will be happier. Thanks.