View Full Version : Is my iPAQ dead?

barmcake
04-15-2005, 11:10 PM
I have had my iPAQ rx3715 for four months and up until now have had no problems. Whilst transfering a file via bluetooth (done numerous times before) it seemed to turn off. However, I was unable to power it back on.

I decided to perform a soft reset and which showed the initial reset screen. However, the progress bar did not move and the screen just froze at this point. Even taking the battery out and performing another soft reset did not remove this screen.

I removed the battery until the image dissappeared and tried to soft reset again. Still no joy. After reading various threads I decided to perform a hard reset. Initially the HP screen appeared but it never progressed any further.

My next attempt is to leave the battery out over night and to try a hard reset again in the morning. If that doesn't work then I think its back to HP.

Does anyone have any suggestions/experiences etc that may help me?

Thanks for any replies.

Don Tolson
04-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Does the rx3715 have a backup battery? Could be that this has given up the ghost, and on my 2215, when it's gone, there's no hope until it's replaced.

If that doesn't do the trick, I think it's time to ship it back to HP for warranty repair.

mv
04-16-2005, 12:56 AM
Same happended to me. Soft reset is not completed all times. One time it required a hard reset. Itīs working fine now, but sometimes i have to soft reset twice. I have the latest rom.

Uh, and try removing your SD card. Worked a few times for me, i think so.

barmcake
04-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Thought I'd give it one last try before I went to bed and its back from the dead. I've had the battery out for a couple of hours and I've just done another hard reset. That seems to have done the trick.

Now I'm back to square one though as all my apps etc have gone. At least most of my docs/mp3 etc were on my SD card. I just hope that this was a one off. I did have bluetooth and wireless on at the same time whilst sending a file. Don't know if this was the cause or not. I did read in another thread that someone had problems when the left wireless on all the time.

Thanks to those who replied.

mv
04-16-2005, 03:34 AM
maybe is the file store problem:

http://www.ipaqhq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14135

HP know whatīs happening but they donīt have a clue.

barmcake
04-16-2005, 01:24 PM
My iPAQ is now back to how it arrived. One strange thing though is that I was under the impression that all data got errased apart from what came with it. I have just had a quick look at it and the nevo home control stuff still has all my TV's, DVD player etc setup. Everything else seems to have gone.

stevelam
04-16-2005, 05:10 PM
that is because nevo stores its files in the ROM (Ipaq Filestore)