View Full Version : Help with PPC Tablet

creativebr
04-15-2005, 11:06 PM
I´ve read the instructions above about the PPC Tablet software and i have a question about it:

"First, check the physical connection between the Pocket PC and the host computer.

If you are using the sync cable, there should be an ActiveSync session already running, and the ActiveSync window on the host computer should show its status as "Connected". (Some users configured their ActiveSync to disconnect after synchronizing all the data. They need to re-configure it to sync "continuously.")

If you are using a TCP/IP network, make sure both the Pocket PC and the host computer are connected to the same network and have a valid IP address.

If you are using a WiFi network, check if your Pocket PC and/or host computer have associated with the access point. If there is encryption enabled on the WiFi network, make sure the encryption key has been entered into the Pocket PC and/or host computer. "

I have two PCs wired connected to a APoint-Router-NAT that is connected to an ADSL Modem.

The PC 1 has TV output but has no activesync installed.

The PC 2 has outlook/activesync that i use with my PPC (wireless).

The PPC e800 connects to the network and activesync of PC 2 (wireless).

My question is if its possible to control the PC 1 using PPC Tablet from my PPC ?

Remember that i can install the client and server PPC Tablet using PC 2 but i need to control PC 1 that has not activesync but is reachable by the network using IP or Netbios name.

Thank you for any help.

Sergio

Darius Wey
04-16-2005, 03:32 AM
The PC 1 has TV output but has no activesync installed.

The PC 2 has outlook/activesync that i use with my PPC (wireless).

The PPC e800 connects to the network and activesync of PC 2 (wireless).

My question is if its possible to control the PC 1 using PPC Tablet from my PPC ?

Remember that i can install the client and server PPC Tablet using PC 2 but i need to control PC 1 that has not activesync but is reachable by the network using IP or Netbios name.

Yes, it's possible. I do this quite often.

Just ensure that the computer (PC1) and your Pocket PC are part of the same active Wi-Fi network, with valid IP addresses allocated to both devices. Then (with the server software running on PC1), open PPC Tablet on your Pocket PC, select an appropriate profile based on what you intend to do, then continue on to the next screen where you'll be asked to choose a computer to connect to. In the first text field, type in the name of your computer (PC1) or an IP address. If you know the name, simply type in the name as the program has the ability to detect the IP address and initiate a connection from there. You can also leave the port as 333 unless you have a valid reason why it should be something else. Ensure any software/hardware firewalls you have allow connections through that port, and then select Connect. It will attempt to establish a connection, a box will pop up on PC1 asking if you want to accept a connection from "IP Address", which from then on, you can select OK. You should be actively connected and ready to go now.

If you have any problems with it, don't hesitate to ask. :)

creativebr
04-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Yes, it's possible. I do this quite often.

Just ensure that the computer (PC1) and your Pocket PC are part of the same active Wi-Fi network, with valid IP addresses allocated to both devices. Then (with the server software running on PC1), open PPC Tablet on your Pocket PC, select an appropriate profile based on what you intend to do, then continue on to the next screen where you'll be asked to choose a computer to connect to. In the first text field, type in the name of your computer (PC1) or an IP address. If you know the name, simply type in the name as the program has the ability to detect the IP address and initiate a connection from there. You can also leave the port as 333 unless you have a valid reason why it should be something else. Ensure any software/hardware firewalls you have allow connections through that port, and then select Connect. It will attempt to establish a connection, a box will pop up on PC1 asking if you want to accept a connection from "IP Address", which from then on, you can select OK. You should be actively connected and ready to go now.

If you have any problems with it, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Darius,

The problem is that i have to install the server software at PC1 and the installer requires activesync installed even unchecking the PPC client installation.

I asked for help at the AMD site and they give me a solution until this problem is corrected: - Copy the PPC Tablet folder installed on PC2 to PC1 and run the server program.

It worked nicely for me.

Thanks for the help.

Sergio Couto