View Full Version : Ipaq 2755 wifi problem-need fast advice

windmilltilting
04-15-2005, 02:56 AM
Sorry to put everyone on the clock, but HP wants me to send it in, and I just got it 4 days ago...

Here is the issue. Nice machine but darned buggy compared to my 4155, (which I already sold) I got it and went through the normal learning curve the first day. Got my apps installed, got wifi and wifi sync, life was good, but not great. Day two, wifi was out 50% of the time with numerous resets. Day three wifi is in the crapper, and I do three hard resets and installs. Day four, I got fed up and called HP. The tech guy walked me through a soft reset, a hard reset, then told me to send it in. He says I have a bad wifi card.

The error I get goes like this... a box titled "Unrecognized card". Under the title it reads "Enter the name of the device driver for this card. For information see the card manufacturer's documentation". Under that, an INPUT box with "Network Card in Socket 2" highlighted in blue.

I am not the kind of person to leave well enough alone. After I found my wife's old palm (any port in a storm), I kicked around with memmaid, and sk tools, ran every utility I had, but didn't accomplish anything. The 2755 actually has a decent embedded help file, and I checked out "troubleshooting wifi connections". It suggested running a self test. It seemed to work. I got my wifi back. got internet. got activesync. Synced up, and had a bunch of duplications and unresolved crap. Then I got brave, and transferred some teletype maps, while avantgo was syncing. The @%$@# wifi hung again. Repeated my "fix", waited for avantgo to finish, and successfully transferred my maps. I think it is back in service. Cross our fingers.

So. Here is my question. Do I let HP have it for 2 weeks, or do I ride it out? I hear a rom update is coming in May. Or more succinctly, is it hardware or software.

Sorry if this is disjointed or rambles. I don't have much computer education. And thanks for the time. :lol: