View Full Version : Memory allocation setting won't stick!?!

gridmaster
04-15-2005, 01:18 AM
I'm trying to set my FREE memory allocation for Programs to 16MB leaving me with at least 2MB FREE memory for Storage.

However everytime i do that the setting reverts back to equally even out the FREE memory!?!

What gives!?!

Stephen Beesley
04-15-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm trying to set my FREE memory allocation for Programs to 16MB leaving me with at least 2MB FREE memory for Storage.

However everytime i do that the setting reverts back to equally even out the FREE memory!?!

What gives!?!

Bosically the OS is designed to '' dynamically" adjust the memory usage (hence the lack of a "proper" close button) so, although the OS does allow you to see the memory allocation, as you have discovered only a very temporary level of control.

BUMP THAT
04-15-2005, 05:05 PM
If you want to adjust it dont put it any lower than 6.5 MB. Or else it will reset the allocation. :wink:

Hrun
04-15-2005, 06:38 PM
I have found that if I adjust it slowly in increments with a few seconds between drags, it will stick. If I try to drag in one go it reverts.

HTH Giles

Patrick Y.
04-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Base on my exprience, it depends on the needs of the OS. You can't force it to have too little storage memory or program memory. Sometimes, I can adjust the storage memory to less than 3 MB, but it has to be more than 3 MB most of the time on my Pocket PC.

JustinGTP
04-18-2005, 04:38 AM
It is annoying. But I have got used to it.