View Full Version : Ideas on how to use E-125

klinux
04-14-2005, 11:21 PM
So I have since moved on to a Dell Axim and a Tungsten T3 but my fond memory of my beloved Casio e-125 (overclocked with a nice Extreme Limit case) is preventing me from departing with it on eBay. Any suggestions on what I can do with it? I have a CF NIC, CF GPS (I use Tungsten for GPS already), and possibly an access to a keyboard.

Buy a microdrive and use it as a music player even though I already have a 20GB iPod? Can it be used as a remote control (either for AV equipment or home automation)? Fancy alarm clock? Wall mount it as a digital picture frame?

Any ideas are welcome! :idea:

surur
04-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Clearly it should be a bedside alarm clock/ radio picture frame.

Surur

Don't Panic!
04-15-2005, 03:02 PM
That's what I'd do with mine.

I wish Extreme Limit made cases for the Axim X50v with extended battery. That pebble-grain leather is tough!

klinux
04-15-2005, 05:08 PM
All good ideas. Although the existing cheap radio alam clock combo works just. It's just such a shame that its power cannot be fully harness though like as a touchscreen remote for my robot/mech warrior or something. :)

Menneisyys
03-15-2006, 09:23 AM
A great Gameboy replacement for some older arcade titles.

Also, you can even play some multiplayer games (http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/menneisyys/102005MPPPCGames.asp) on it (just updated the comparison chart to show the MIPS/SH3 compliance).