View Full Version : Help with uBook and eReader

Deus
04-14-2005, 08:38 PM
I bought a book from eReader which opens fine with eReader. How come my uBook opens it and only creates 1 blank page? Doesn't work? This is the latest uBook and it says it supports pdb files?

Jorgen
04-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Different formats. uBook can read Palm Doc format (an open, unencrypted format). eReader use a proprietary format which usually is encrypted with your creditcardnumber as key.

You can buy Palm Doc files for uBook (which you can read in eReader as well) at for example Fictionwise. Look for "multiformat" books. They will give you some free ebooks if you make an account with them (you don't have to buy anything).

Or go to http://www.blackmask.com.

Jorgen

Deus
04-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I am not sure if that answers my question. I have an ebook now that I unlocked with my cc number but it still will not open with uBook

Jorgen
04-16-2005, 07:03 AM
If the book is in eReader format, then only the eReader reader can read it. ereader format is not the "Palm Doc format". The .PDB file extension is used by a lot of incompatible formats.

eReader can read its own format and "Palm Doc format".

By entering your CC number, you are (sadly) not changing the file to "Palm Doc format" or removing the security stuff (called DRM) from the book. You are only making it readable in eReader.

Jorgen

Ommadawn
04-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Actually, later versions of µbook can read unencrypted ereader format files, but none that have DRM (ie, require unlocking). Incidently, it can also read unencrypted mobipocket and pdf files as well.

µreader rocks, and is still my favourite ebook reader.. :)