View Full Version : Program won't run anymore

SimonM
04-12-2005, 07:04 AM
:?:
Hi, I am looking for some help. I had a programme running on my ipaq 4150 and everything was fine. I then bought a new programme which kept freezing the system. After I had deleted this program everything was ok until I tried to access my other program, then nothing. I did a soft reset and tried again, still nothing. The developer told me to re-install the software to the ppc but when I tried the message said I had to stop the program on the ppc first. Under settings no programs are running so it. Next we tried to uninstall but got the same message. I have tried to manually delete every file related to this program but have the same problem. The developers solution, hard reset, but as I am running all sorts of programs I can see this creating all sorts of problems as I have to reload everything. As far as I can tell somewhere there must be a file that is indicating the program is still running. I can't find this with explorer. Any suggestion? I must advise that I use the ppc a lot but am not a techie by any means.

Thanks

Menneisyys
04-12-2005, 08:53 AM
:?:
Hi, I am looking for some help. I had a programme running on my ipaq 4150 and everything was fine. I then bought a new programme which kept freezing the system. After I had deleted this program everything was ok until I tried to access my other program, then nothing. I did a soft reset and tried again, still nothing. The developer told me to re-install the software to the ppc but when I tried the message said I had to stop the program on the ppc first. Under settings no programs are running so it. Next we tried to uninstall but got the same message. I have tried to manually delete every file related to this program but have the same problem. The developers solution, hard reset, but as I am running all sorts of programs I can see this creating all sorts of problems as I have to reload everything. As far as I can tell somewhere there must be a file that is indicating the program is still running. I can't find this with explorer. Any suggestion? I must advise that I use the ppc a lot but am not a techie by any means.

Thanks

Go to \Windows\Startup and check if the app has a related, mostly link file, in there. If it has, delete it. Then, reset your device.

If you don't find anything, you'll need to scrutinize the contents of DB_notify_events WinCE database and remove the link to any of the executable files of the app. Consult my post at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36843 on this.

SimonM
04-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Hi

Thanks for that, there is nothing under the start up menu and using the dbase I found nothing with an exe related to the Bird program. All i found was calnot.exe, clocknot.exe, connmgr.exe and repllog.exe. Is tere anywhere else that they could store a reference to the program. Thanks for your help.

SimonM

Menneisyys
04-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Hi

Thanks for that, there is nothing under the start up menu and using the dbase I found nothing with an exe related to the Bird program. All i found was calnot.exe, clocknot.exe, connmgr.exe and repllog.exe. Is tere anywhere else that they could store a reference to the program. Thanks for your help.

SimonM

I try it myself on my PPC's: what is the exact name of the app? Handango delivered me dozens of results for 'Bird'.

SimonM
04-12-2005, 02:31 PM
The program is Roberts'PDA, the full name is Roberts MultimediaBirds of South Africa PDA Version.

Thank you so much for your trouble it is greatly appreciated.

SimonM

Menneisyys
04-12-2005, 04:48 PM
The program is Roberts'PDA, the full name is Roberts MultimediaBirds of South Africa PDA Version.

Thank you so much for your trouble it is greatly appreciated.

SimonM

OIC, the one at http://www.pdasolutions.co.za/sasolbirds.htm . Unfortunately, I don't have it.

Do you have the original 128 Mbyte card version, or a non-original one?

SimonM
04-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Hi

The one I got is from another company and comes with a CD to load from the desk top to the PPC. I have spoken again to them and they have no idea why the program calls for the running program to be stopped. They are not aware of anywhere else that there might be a file open. The only solution they can offer is a hard reset.
I only ever use authorised software but lately the PPC has been running a bit slower tha normal so I think maybe a hard reset is the answer.
Thanks for your help.

Simon