View Full Version : Lingvosoft vs Mobi Talking Phrasebook

chiacchierone
04-10-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm looking for a talking Spanish translation program for my iPAQ 4355. Does anyone have feedback concerning the pros & cons of Lingvosoft vs MobiTalking Phrase book? My use would be more for learning than for assistance traveling. The prices are similar and I'm hoping to get some opinions from those who may have used them. Thanks in advance. C.

Darius Wey
04-11-2005, 05:07 AM
I've got a couple of the LingvoSoft software - namely, a few talking dictionaries and phrasebooks. hey're filled with a load of features, and I'm sure if you gave those a go, you'd be impressed.

I've not tried the MobiTalking ones since I'm happy with what LingvoSoft offer. I'd list some cons, but I really can't think of any. :D

chiacchierone
04-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Darius...thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. I downloaded the trial versions of both programs, and the LingvoSoft does have a lot of nice features. I'll use them both for a few days and get a feel for the differences between them. LingvoSoft's program is $15 less than MobiLearn's and it has 3000 phrases vs 2000 phrases with Mobi. That, plus your recommendation, is already leaning me toward the LingvoSoft. Once again thanks for the info. C.

Darius Wey
04-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Darius...thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. I downloaded the trial versions of both programs, and the LingvoSoft does have a lot of nice features. I'll use them both for a few days and get a feel for the differences between them. LingvoSoft's program is $15 less than MobiLearn's and it has 3000 phrases vs 2000 phrases with Mobi. That, plus your recommendation, is already leaning me toward the LingvoSoft. Once again thanks for the info. C.

You're most welcome. If you look on the front page, LingvoSoft are also having an offer where any purchase gets you a free Windows dictionary. Hopefully, it'll still be around once you've made your decision. :)

chiacchierone
04-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Darius...thanks for the speedy reply. I just went to the LingvoSoft website and that Windows offer is still in effect. Also, I realized that the software I had downloaded was a stripped down version (ECTACO Partner Phrasebook $19.99). I'm downloading the ECTACO Voice Translator trial software right now...it's $34.99, the same price as the MobiLearn Talking Phrasebook). I'll try to make my decision by the time I get home from work tonight so I can get the free Windows dictionary. Thanks again. C.