View Full Version : Firefox location bar help

Prevost
04-09-2005, 05:18 AM
I am a new user of Mozilla Firefox, although I've been using Mozilla for about a year.

In Firefox, I notice the list of websites displayed in the location bar goes in the historical order you wrote them there. In Mozilla, the list was refreshed everytime you picked a website from the list, resulting in a list where those sites more frequently visited were on top of the list, easier to reach.

The Firefox setup feels very unconvenient to me. Is there a way to customize the location bar to make it work as the old one did?

Darius Wey
04-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Have you tried playing around with the Bookmark Manager (accessed by Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks)? You can configure the order around in there.

Prevost
04-09-2005, 07:03 AM
No, it didn't work... Now, remember that the location bar is not the same as Bookmarks. The location bar keeps track only of those sites you accessed by typing the url into it, and not of those bookmarked.

How is your location bar working? It is ordered down from the last url typed, or from the last url visited???

I am affraid this is happening because I downloaded the Spanish version... :roll: sometimes it happens.

Darius Wey
04-09-2005, 07:41 AM
No, it didn't work... Now, remember that the location bar is not the same as Bookmarks. The location bar keeps track only of those sites you accessed by typing the url into it, and not of those bookmarked.

Oh, *that* bar. I was thinking of something else. :lol:

How is your location bar working? It is ordered down from the last url typed, or from the last url visited???

It is sorted by the last URL typed. Websites you visit by clicking on webpage links aren't stored in the location bar. If you're after websites visited, there's a history panel for that.

Prevost
04-09-2005, 01:52 PM

It is sorted by the last URL typed. Websites you visit by clicking on webpage links aren't stored in the location bar. If you're after websites visited, there's a history panel for that.

Then you see...in Mozilla, it sorted automatically by the last URL accesssed from there: as you picked one from the drop down of the location bar, this URL goes up, and it descends as you pick up some others after. That is the way I would like it to work in Firefox, and I'm looking for the way to configure it so, if this is possible.

Still wondering!

Ah, Darius, by the way, I'm riding on a new PC I build by myself. It is a smooth ride man!

Darius Wey
04-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Still wondering!

You could go searching for a Firefox extension which does that. I had a quick look for you, but found nothing. I may give it another search a little later when I have a bit more time up my sleeve.

Ah, Darius, by the way, I'm riding on a new PC I build by myself. It is a smooth ride man!

Awesome. :way to go:

Glad to see you finally got to it.

phanprod
04-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Out of curiosity, I was searching through Firefox's 'about:config' screens, and I didn't see anything obvious. However, I wouldn't doubt that the option you're looking for is there somewhere, considering that Mozilla does it. There's probably a value or added string that would do it for you. I suggest asking on one of the Firefox boards.

Prevost
04-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Thank you, Darius!

Out of curiosity, I was searching through Firefox's 'about:config' screens, and I didn't see anything obvious. However, I wouldn't doubt that the option you're looking for is there somewhere, considering that Mozilla does it. There's probably a value or added string that would do it for you. I suggest asking on one of the Firefox boards.
Yes, well, I already posted the question on those boards, but still it hasn't received any answers. Now, how about your location bar? Does it works just like mine?