View Full Version : Quicknotes Today with PhatPad like sensitivity

humayunl
04-08-2005, 08:17 AM
I recently discovered QuickNotes Today. I didnt think that with phatpad around, i would gain much additional use from having the same handwritten note functionality on my Today screen.

BOY was i wrong! this is what hadnwritten note taking was meant to be!! The whole idea is to be able to jot down QUICK notes... and if you have to launch an appliation to jot your quick not, i think its already kinda defeating the purpose.

Anyway, the idea behind the app is very nice. HOWEVER, it doesnt even come anywhere close to PhatPad in its smooth pen response... so my question/wish is...

1. either phat pad have a today plugin like this
2. Quick Notes marry phatware and include the improved pen quality
3. Someone tell me that there's a third application out there which has both these featuers already? :) (not holding my breath).

pr0vider
04-08-2005, 10:50 AM
I've had Quicknotes installed for around 6-8 months now and find it indespensible due to its constant availability on the today screen without resorting to stylus taps or button presses. I agree with you about the quality of the notes' handwritten appearance. I guess we must hope for a future update to make this the perfect note taking program. :)

baker
04-08-2005, 01:05 PM
There's a smaller, much leaner program that I use called Notes Today to jot short notes like phone numbers, etc. that you might want to try.

allenalb
04-08-2005, 05:35 PM
i have to use phatpad for hours at work and the best solution i have found is to assign it to a hardware button and then keep it runnning all day (it's the only app i have wisbar set to ignore)

i would LOVE to see phatpad on the today screen. it never even occured to me.

i have also used notes today and quicknotes and the response is just no good for me.

Kowalski
04-09-2005, 08:00 AM
i use notes today as a companion to outlook notes and find the program very usefull. it does what it has to, nothing more.