View Full Version : V36 screen not responding to stylus

dionaea
04-07-2005, 09:57 PM
My V36 is now out of warranty, and their customer service says it will be as expensive to repair than to just buy a new one. Everything works fine except the screen/stylus interaction. The screen gradually stopped responding to the stylus and now won't respond at all. For a short time, I could press hard on one of the edges, moving around until I found a spot where I could hold the edge down and the screen would respond to the stylus, but now even that won't work.
Has anyone else ever had this problem? Can you suggest a fix? Is there a cheaper place to send this one to have it fixed? Thanks!

powder2000
04-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Sometimes, you can get material between the plastic edge around the screen and the touchpanel which can make the touchscreen unresponsive. I have put on a screen protector that was larger than my screen and 'tucked' the edges under the plastic. This left me with an unresponsive screen until I took the screen protector off and out from between the plastic and the screen. Your second option would be to open that baby up. If you are not good with small screws and such, this might be a bad idea. My thought is that the touch screen ribbon connector might have loosened over time. Of course you could also have a bad touch screen.

XGuju
06-25-2005, 11:47 AM
I have this same problem, but the solutions provided were of no effect to me. I am very upset now, and I do not exactly have the money to purchase a new pocket pc. I have tried re-inserting the ribbon for the touch screen, and I cleaned out the screen and touch screen. If there is any hope for saving my V36 investment with a cost below $100, please reply to this post.