View Full Version : SD card or port problem?

Jacob
04-07-2005, 07:10 PM
I've been having a problem with my SD card in my iPAQ 4155.

Every once in a while the device will fail to recognize the card. Once I was in the middle of playing a game that was installed on the memory card and it just failed to read it anymore.

When I do a soft reset it always finds the card and can read it again without any problem.

Unfortunately I don't have any other card reader, nor any other card to test this with.

Has anyone else seen/heard of this problem?

socrates63
04-07-2005, 08:23 PM
I don't have a solution for you, but yeah, I've had the same thing happen to me with my SD card and 2215. It happened once or twice. I don't know whether it's just a random occurrence as the problem hasn't reoccurred to my recent memory.

Edit: The problem occurred during video playback with Betaplayer.

Darius Wey
04-08-2005, 12:41 AM
These problems usually occur because the Pocket PC fails to initialise the card upon insertion. Most of these problems were rectified in the latest ROM upgrades, but from time to time, they still occur, so a soft-reset usually solves it all.

Unless it's a very frequent problem, I wouldn't worry about it. I'll confess that I experience the same thing on my h1940 once in a while too.

Jacob
04-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Thanks for both your replies.

The weird thing to me is that I never take the card out so insertion isn't it - it's happened while using it.

I'm going to look into the ROM upgrades though - I haven't upgraded the ROM at all ever so I guess it's about time.