View Full Version : My Files have disappeared!

blang
04-05-2005, 08:16 PM
99% of my files and folders on my SD card have disappeared. The properties show that the space is being used but nothing is there except for my ebooks. Is there anyway to make these files and folders reappear or is my only hope to reformat the card and reinstall everything again?

discordian
04-05-2005, 08:42 PM
whoa

have you tried the card in another device?
Say, another PDA or a card reader connected to a PC?

blang
04-05-2005, 08:58 PM
I just did. It's showing the same thing on my reader. The same used space and the same missing folders/files.

:cry:

aquanaut
04-05-2005, 11:38 PM
This happened to my h4150 after I upgraded Conduits PocketPlayer to v2.52.

I keep my audio files on my 1Gb Pretec SD card -- PocketPlayer corrupted the file system and it appeared everything was lost... not cool!

I reported the problem to Conduits, they sent me a modifed version of PocketPlayer 2.52h. It seemed to fix the problem, but shortly thereafter did the same thing. So I uninstalled Pocketplayer and have never had the problem since.

Cheers

rediss01
04-06-2005, 12:02 AM
I had a very similar problem a month or so ago.....Check to see if there is a file called 'ignore_my_docs'. If it is there, I suggest you read the following article:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,2863

I followed the instructions in it and it solved the issue I was having.

blang
04-06-2005, 04:10 AM
Yes, it had that nasty file. I am going to reformat the card and create a my document folder and try again.