View Full Version : ideas for video?

powerbook17
04-04-2005, 01:34 AM
I have to make a video for a class project on shintoism. I don't need any help with info, i just need some ideas on what to use. I don't want to just use some boring video with bulleted lists and a voice over

Jason Dunn
04-04-2005, 04:01 AM
Shintoism focuses largely on nature if memory serves (that and Kami) so perhaps some video of natural scenes: trees, rivers, wind, etc.

dignow96
04-04-2005, 07:12 AM
If you were talking about which software tool to use I would suggest Flash. Its relatively easy to get to know and can produce some fairly professional looking presentations. Even the built in templates are pretty good. You can create a dynamic, content rich presentation that will make silly little powerpoint slides look silly and little.
There are lots of other options depending on how much time/equipment/cash you want to throw into this. Adobe products aer excellent but demand a greater understanding of not only the software but production processes in general. They're also not very budget friendly. Muvee (www.muvee.com) is an automatic video editor where you supply the video files, pictures, audio files and it blends everything together. I use this alot for little family videos and highly recommend it if you're not too interested in controling every single frame of your finished product.
My last suggestion is that this might be a better post for digitalmediathoughts.com - the guys over there will have lots of potential solutions for you. Hope that helps.