View Full Version : Gmail's space is now 2gigs ?

maximus
04-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I logs into gmail, and I saw this :

You are currently using 205 MB (10%) of your 2054 MB.

2 gigs ? Since when ?

And then this :

Give Gmail to:
Send Invite, 50 left

=)

Mitch D
04-03-2005, 05:45 PM
I logs into gmail, and I saw this :

You are currently using 205 MB (10%) of your 2054 MB.

2 gigs ? Since when ?

And then this :

Give Gmail to:
Send Invite, 50 left

=)

I just noticed that myself the other day, seems I read a news article online somewhere about this.

Darius Wey
04-03-2005, 06:16 PM
The two main features Google announced on April 1 was (a) 2GB space (using their infinity algorithms :p) and (b) support for HTML formatting. It seems you must have missed the announcement.

maximus
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
How much was the ebay price for those invites several years ago ?
I could have bought another dothan laptop from those 50 invites =)

David Prahl
04-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Actually the storage amount continues to rise, if you visit the log-in page for gmail you'll see it go up. I thought this was an april fools day joke, but it's real!

Gmail is awesome, and it looks like it will go public this month. :D

maximus
04-06-2005, 03:51 PM
and then this :

"The Gmail Team is committed to making sure you always can access your mail. That's why we're offering POP access and auto-forwarding. Both features are free for all Gmail users and we have no plans to charge for them in the future.
POP, or Post Office Protocol, lets you download messages from Gmail's servers onto your computer so you can access your mail with a program like Microsoft Outlook Express or Netscape Mail, even when you aren't connected to the Internet."

gmailPOP ! =)

Darius Wey
04-07-2005, 07:09 AM
and then this :

"The Gmail Team is committed to making sure you always can access your mail. That's why we're offering POP access and auto-forwarding. Both features are free for all Gmail users and we have no plans to charge for them in the future.
POP, or Post Office Protocol, lets you download messages from Gmail's servers onto your computer so you can access your mail with a program like Microsoft Outlook Express or Netscape Mail, even when you aren't connected to the Internet."

gmailPOP ! =)

That's not a new feature though. People have been able to access their Gmail accounts with POP for quite some time. It was heaven for Pocket PC users, until they provided a basic HTML view compatible with Pocket IE and other Pocket PC browsers.