View Full Version : BitTorrent client (?)

Fjaslokt
04-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Is there a BitTorrent client for Pocket PC out there ? Or a program like limewire or something ?

ADBrown
04-03-2005, 05:53 PM
I believe that there's an OpenNap client called OpenNapCE, but I've never used it.

dean_shan
04-04-2005, 08:49 AM
OpenNap is not Bittorrent. I don't know if there is a bittorrent client for PPC. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to download torrents on your PPC? Most torrent files are very large is size.

GSmith
04-04-2005, 05:11 PM
I've been looking for a BitTorrent client for the PPC as well, especially to integrate into my podcatching client FeederReader.

The biggest reason right now? .NET Rocks is available in a podcast, but in March, they went to BitTorrent only. If I can get a BitTorrent client to integrate with FeederReader, my users and I will be that little bit happier!

By the way, I offered to pay for the bandwidth that I (personally) use for .NET Rocks if they allowed me to download direct. No response about that, though.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - The Pocket PC RSS, podcatcher, videocatcher
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

ADBrown
04-04-2005, 06:06 PM
OpenNap is not Bittorrent.

No, really? But the original poster also asked whether there were any programs similar to Limewire, and I answered with the only information I had on the subject.

Menneisyys
07-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Some new, promising news and a working (?) client: http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?p=486821

Please report to me if it isn't working (I haven't had the time to test it) and I also dive into fixing the bugs that prevent it from working.