View Full Version : WCF12 and 2210 - Wheres the cab?

PDANEWBIE
04-02-2005, 09:42 PM
I can install this application just fine on my ipaq. The problem I have is with hard reseting. Of course the drivers are then gone and I can't use it until I get to a PC with a sync cable and reinstall it. I have taken to keeping all essential programs on my large capacity CF card and then using that to reinstall if needed. The problem is this WCF12 Linksys card does not just supply a cab but a whole windows installer.

Anyone know where to get the 1.1 version drivers (just the cab) that will give me functionality of this card in case of a hard reset away from the computer.

I tried to disect the installer they supplied but even the WinCE4.0 directory had a setup and some cabs in there but I was lost as to if any of those cabs are the ones I need.

Any thoughts?

MitchellO
04-03-2005, 06:11 AM
I suggest yos. Look for a cab with the WinCE4 in it, or ARM, or possibly Merlin.u look in the Program Files folder for a Linksys directory. Also, look in the MS Activesync folder (in the Prog Files directory) to see if you can find the cab.

Try the cabs you find on your iPAQ and see if they run. If they do, you have the right one.

PDANEWBIE
04-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks but I tried all of those with no luck. On the PPC there is no cab I can find. IN MS Active Syn there is no dir that is created by Linksys and no stray cabs. There is a Linksys driver folder created on the PC but as I said it has 2 cabs but they are not PPC cab's and are not whats needed to install and neither of them look right.

I have a question in to Linksys support but I doubt I'll get anything more than a form letter saying this way of installing is not supported or something *yadda yadda yadda*

MitchellO
04-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Sorry, I hope you didn't misunderstand. you need to look in the MS Activesync on the PC for the cabs, not the PPC.

Try the cabs that you found on your PC. They might work. It they don't they don't! Then we'll have to find something else.

PDANEWBIE
04-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Sorry I have been away for a bit. I understood what you were saying and I had indeed checked that. I took the 2 cabs off the PC and moved it over but neither "installed" when I used cabinstaller.

Here is a link to the official exe they have.

http://www.linksys.com/download/driver.asp?dlid=82&osid=7

phs
04-18-2005, 07:19 AM
I have the same problem with my Meritline CF Wi-Fi card and my Smart Bluetooth Keyboard. They don't create CAB files in the PC. With most apps, if you run the setup routine without an activesync connection, a CAB file will be created somewhere in the PC. Just do a search for *.cab and you'll find it. But with some setups I just can't find the CAB file.

So if someone finds a way to extract the cab file, please let me know.