View Full Version : How to adjust the scrolling jumps when using the navigation pad in internet explorer.

garlic
04-01-2005, 05:38 AM
When I use internet explorer on my PPC alot of times I just scroll with the navigation pad. The problem it takes huge steps from side to side and up and down. How can I change it so, for example, when I press left once on the nav pad it dosnt scroll all the way across to the other side of the webpage....???

Very frustrating.....

Menneisyys
04-01-2005, 09:48 AM
When I use internet explorer on my PPC alot of times I just scroll with the navigation pad. The problem it takes huge steps from side to side and up and down. How can I change it so, for example, when I press left once on the nav pad it dosnt scroll all the way across to the other side of the webpage....???

Very frustrating.....

To my knowledge, it's not possible to set this. If this really annoys you, you could consider switching to NetFront 3.1. It allows for fine-tuning the amount of the scroll (Tools/Browser Setting/Misc/Advanced/Scroll). Furthermore, it has a lot of other advantages over PIE (for example, 100% JavaScript support, in-page search etc)

Don't Panic!
04-01-2005, 04:47 PM
I like using multiIE (http://www.southwaycorp.net/) to adjust scrolling but I hardly ever hit sites that have a scrolling problem. The other stuff like full screen and multiple page browsing is what attracted me to it in the first place.

garlic
04-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Thanks. My problem has been solved :)