View Full Version : CF Ram and Wireless CF

chees
04-01-2005, 05:17 AM
I currently own a cassiopeia e-115 that I recently got from ebay. I was wondering if there is a way to use a cf card as program ram to allow for better video playback, seeing that the Pocket PC is terrible at it with its current amount of ram (32meg). I know it says all over the place that a cf card can't be turned into ram, but I read about hacks that will do it, I just can't find them. I would also like to know in there are wireless CF cards for this model that would allow me to surf my wireless network with it, and would allow me to sync the unit wirelessly. Thanx.

I'm not exactly sure in which area this should be posted.

MitchellO
04-01-2005, 06:00 AM
I am pretty sure you can't do that. I did a quick search on google with no result, and I have never heard of anyone doing it before.What I suggest is you clear as much out of your RAM as you can (ie. install all progs on a CF)

For the wireless, look for cards that has drivers for Pocket PC 2000 for MIPS processors. It can be either a Type I or Type II card (type ii is thicker) as the Casio has a type ii slot compatible with both i and ii).

This one seems to do it (http://www.expansys.com.hk/product.asp?code=DCF-660W ) look for it at your local shops or online.