View Full Version : APRIL FOOLS: The New Celebrity Craze - PDA = WMD?

Jon Westfall
04-01-2005, 05:15 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/31/pda_beating_claim/' target='_blank'>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/0..._beating_claim/</a><br /><br /></div>In what appears to be a disturbing new trend...<br /><br /><i>"Supermodel Naomi Campbell has angrily rejected US reports that she assaulted a personal assistant with a PDA. The 34-year-old catwalk babe and author is alleged to have set about her PA with a Blackberry during a jaunt to Rio de Janeiro."</i><br /><br />While I'm not close to the celebrity hubs of NYC or Southern California, some of our Thoughts Media Contributors are. While they didn't want to be publicly identified (as their information is unable to be corroborated), I've decided to post on this disturbing new trend.<br /><br /><div class="quote"> <span class="quote">BigDaddy in NYC said:</span> <i>The Other day I saw Jerry Seinfeld and Donald Trump appearing to argue over who was the bigger TV Star in front of Nobu in NYC. When Trump took out his Motorola Mpx and hit Seinfeld with it, I couldn't believe it. I guess that thing really is a brick.</i> </div><br /><br /><div class="quote"> <span class="quote">DJ from Australia said:</span> <i>While recently walking along the streets of Perth, I recently saw Mel Gibson's Palm crumble over the blow of a simple pedestrian and his I-Mate. I was shocked to see blood and integrated circuits strewn across the intersection!</i> </div><br /><br /><div class="quote"> <span class="quote">Ehhhh from unknown said:</span> <i>I've noticed that Paris Hilton has been removing reporters from her path not with her bodyguard, but with her Sidekick as of late. The other day I saw her plant it squarely into one of their eyes! Ouch, that's gotta hurt...</i> </div><br /><br />Personally, I believe this has reached epidemic proportions!

bjornkeizers
04-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Personally, I believe this has reached epidemic proportions!

You mean - kind of like the overwhelming amount of crap april fools jokes going around the net today? God, next year I'm going on vacation...

Am I the only one who realy hates this day? Not because of the jokes themselves, but because of the fact that you can't read news, visit a page or listen to your favorite internet radio station without running into a hundred terrible jokes. :roll: If I sound annoyed - I am.

Ryan Joseph
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Actually, I love this day! I read news sources and other sites more just to see what they'll come up with. As a writer, I think it's awesome when sites get creative. The Google Gulp (http://www.google.ca/googlegulp/) is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time and it's brilliantly written.

I say, Keep Them Coming! The day is only half over and I can't wait to see what other things this and other sites have in store. :-)

The Sarge
04-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Am I the only one who realy hates this day?

Probably not boy, but you're the only one who's whining about it now. Suck it up and let others have their fun, even if you don't appreciate it.

Damion Chaplin
04-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I seriously doubt that The Donald carries a pocket PC.
This is the guy who thinks Domino's is good pizza, Baskin-Robbins is good ice cream and Home Depot is a good hardware store... :roll:

He undoubtedly carries a Treo.
Well, he probably has an assistant that carries a Treo. :wink:

x999x
04-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Am I the only one who realy hates this day?

Probably not boy, but you're the only one who's whining about it now. Suck it up and let others have their fun, even if you don't appreciate it.

My thoughts exactly...

bjornkeizers
04-02-2005, 10:58 AM
:roll: