View Full Version : Faded background

Thanatos
03-31-2005, 11:48 AM
This is a bit of a noob question, but I've just got a new iPAQ 4150, and upon setting a wallpaper, even if the wallpoaper is totally black, it appears to have a semi transparent overlay over the top. I've read through the manual, but I can't find anything which suggests how to turn it off. I have the wallpaper image saved as a JPG, and there are no running tasks. I know the iPAQ can display the image because it shows fine in the picture viewer.

Maybe there's a colour overlay setting somewhere?

Menneisyys
03-31-2005, 12:24 PM
This is a bit of a noob question, but I've just got a new iPAQ 4150, and upon setting a wallpaper, even if the wallpoaper is totally black, it appears to have a semi transparent overlay over the top. I've read through the manual, but I can't find anything which suggests how to turn it off. I have the wallpaper image saved as a JPG, and there are no running tasks. I know the iPAQ can display the image because it shows fine in the picture viewer.

Maybe there's a colour overlay setting somewhere?

Yes, but not in the Today applet in Settings, but in the pre-installed, ROM-based Pictures application.

Load the JPG image into Pictures and choose Tools/Set as Today Background. Then, you will also be able to set the transparency.

Pictures is by far the best (and, built-in) utility to set Today wallpapers if you don't need to create TSK files. A lot of other apps (Pocket Artist, MultiIE, the above-mentioned Today applet etc.) do this the wrong way; only Pictures is 100% compatible with SE/VGA.