View Full Version : 4155 staying home...x50v going home

fivepetpalace
03-31-2005, 03:54 AM
1st, my 4155 is still working great, thanks to the touchscreen replacement by pocketpctechs.com

After about 15 days of playing with the x50v I've decided to send it back, mainly to wait for the next round of devices, maybe even get a phone.

Things I'll miss on the x50v:
VGA 8)
CF Slot
WM10

As you know from other posts, I didn't like the touchscreen on the x50v very well. It really didn't seem very sensitive, but I think that some/most of this could be attributed to the C2 writeshield deluxe. Once I had decided to send the x50v home, I tried it w/out the C2, and it was much more responsive to light taps.

I think my 4155 is smiling at me right now :mrgreen:

Michael

LWesson
03-31-2005, 10:04 AM
1st, my 4155 is still working great, thanks to the touchscreen replacement by pocketpctechs.com

As you know from other posts, I didn't like the touchscreen on the x50v very well. It really didn't seem very sensitive, but I think that some/most of this could be attributed to the C2 writeshield deluxe. Once I had decided to send the x50v home, I tried it w/out the C2, and it was much more responsive to light taps.

Michael

Thanks for the kudos. After upgrading and repairing several of the X50v systems, I can attest to the fact that the screen, even without a protector, is much less sensitive than the ipaqs. Try tapping dots onto the screen, between the two systems. The X50v is not near as sensitive as the ipaq.

Menneisyys
03-31-2005, 11:10 AM

Michael

Thanks for the kudos. After upgrading and repairing several of the X50v systems, I can attest to the fact that the screen, even without a protector, is much less sensitive than the ipaqs. Try tapping dots onto the screen, between the two systems. The X50v is not near as sensitive as the ipaq.

Install the A02 ROM upgrade. See http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38742 for more info.

fivepetpalace
03-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the kudos.

Not a problem!

I should have mentioned that I use an AG writeshield on the 4155 8) thanks for installing it with the repair!