View Full Version : Today Screen program question

victore
03-29-2005, 02:38 AM
This question is about Dashboard, but is applicable for any Today Screen plugin.

My Toshiba e800 (running WM2003SE) is stuck in a loop. Each time I soft reset it, I get the following message:

Dashboard Failed to properly load last time. Try to load it again?

With a "Yes" and "No" button. My touch screen does not respond to my attempt to tap either button. Is there a way to disable Dashboard from running by either pushing a button combo during a reset?

powder2000
03-30-2005, 11:44 PM
The only thing I can think of is reseting in the cradle and then seeing if you can explore through activesync. Go to your 'startup' folder in the 'windows' directory and remove dashboard. Reset again and your ppc should start without dashboard. The other thing I was thinking was to use your action button to hit yes or no, not sure if this will work though. If all else fails, hard reset, doh! Not what you wanted to hear but it will definitely solve your problem.

Kowalski
03-31-2005, 07:19 AM
befoure hard reseting the device you should try cradling the device, in active stink select add/remove programs and remove dashbord from there
hope this helps

victore
03-31-2005, 07:41 PM
thanks for the tips. however, my pocket pc was not recognized by my pc after i soft reset it. i thnk it might have been too "early" in it's boot process to have it's usb port activated. regardless, i had to hard reset my pda in order to get it to work again. a bummer, but now it runs great.