View Full Version : TV guide program that will let me "mark" shows?

zilla31
03-27-2005, 02:27 AM
currently when i see an add or something for a TV show i want to make sure and watch/tivo - i make an entry in AF (as a task or appt). is there an application out there that will let me get the TV listings for my area AND let me mark shows i want to make sure and not miss - and maybe even remind me when they air???

ADBrown
03-27-2005, 04:15 AM
currently when i see an add or something for a TV show i want to make sure and watch/tivo - i make an entry in AF (as a task or appt). is there an application out there that will let me get the TV listings for my area AND let me mark shows i want to make sure and not miss - and maybe even remind me when they air???

PocketTVBrowser, from Doublebit.com. Listings up to 2 weeks in advance, list favorite shows, filter and search listings, and set appointments including alarms a given time before air.

ADBrown
03-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Oh, and I forgot to mention: it's free.

Lday
03-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Or there's Pocket TV Listings from ThumbsUp Software http://ptvl.thumbsupsoft.com . It does the same thing, plus had a desktop viewer for the listings also. Pocket TV Browser is ok, but requires a subscription from Evolve ($10/year). My wife uses it for her Palm, I prefer PTVL myself.

zilla31
03-27-2005, 05:47 PM
ok i've downloaded both but i can only get PTVL working... pocketTV browser does seem more full featured (it will give you program descriptions too right??). i keep getting an error when trying to get pocketTV browser to download my listings in case anyone recognizes it:

Downloading Evolve Listings (US, Canada)
Downloading Mar-27,12:00am (168 hours)...
Requesting data from evolve...
Please allow up to 15 minutes to complete.
Received 113 bytes in 0 seconds...
'C:\Home\ApplicationSoftware\RD5\SourceFiles\cgi-bin\BuildSubscriberGuideForPTVB.plx' script produced no output

Warning: no channels found
Error: no program information
Database incomplete, errors encountered

ps i have signed up w/ evolve (2 weeks free they say) and i can see my channel listings etc. online (@ evolve website) no problem...

zilla31
03-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Or there's Pocket TV Listings from ThumbsUp Software http://ptvl.thumbsupsoft.com . It does the same thing, plus had a desktop viewer for the listings also. Pocket TV Browser is ok, but requires a subscription from Evolve ($10/year). My wife uses it for her Palm, I prefer PTVL myself.

ok i scrapped evolve because of my above error but did find out along the way that pocketTV browser will ALSO use the free zap2it listings (same as PTVL). so essentially both are free if you go this route. FYI :mrgreen:

zilla31
03-29-2005, 11:13 PM
pocketTV browser is exactly what i needed... only thing it's missing is the "grid" view. it's even free now with the addition of zap2it support - IMO it's much more responsive off the SD card than PVTL, and both the PPC and PC apps are nicer/more robust. FYI.