View Full Version : Internet Explorer

jickbahtech
03-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Ok,
I know this has been beat to death...
I used to use FtxP Browser on my 3950, but it doesnt work very well on my 2750.
Really all I want is tabbed browsing and the ability to download images and copy links.
I've been looking at MultiIE and PIEPlus, and both look pretty good, but neither mention anything about downloading images.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

ADBrown
03-25-2005, 07:04 PM
MultiIE does have a 'Save Image As' option on the context menu.

Menneisyys
03-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Ok,
Really all I want is tabbed browsing and the ability to download images and copy links.
I've been looking at MultiIE and PIEPlus, and both look pretty good, but neither mention anything about downloading images.

Thanks!

MultiIE, as has already been pointed out, does have image saving cpabilities.

I, however, would go for Spb Pocket Plus instead of MultiIE, for several reasons; the most important of them is MultiIE's overhead of 1 Mbyte RAM for every tabs. Spb Pocket Plus also supports saving images.

Stephen Beesley
03-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Ok,

Thanks!

MultiIE, as has already been pointed out, does have image saving cpabilities.

I, however, would go for Spb Pocket Plus instead of MultiIE, for several reasons; the most important of them is MultiIE's overhead of 1 Mbyte RAM for every tabs. Spb Pocket Plus also supports saving images.

I have flip flopped back and forth between these two programs for quite a while - mainly because of the memory overhead of MultiIE. If it was not for that (which makes it pretty much impossible to open more than two windows at a time) then I would recommend it without any resevation. The main reason I tend to go back to MulitIE is the ability it gives me to to save web pages as .txt - while Pocket Plus only allows you to save a html file. I find this particularly useful for because pretty much the only thing I use Pocket IE for is reading Journal Bar downloads (I use NetFront for any real web browsing) and I often like to save a story to file away for later reference.

So I guess what I am saying is that if getting tabed web browsing with the ability to save images is your goal then Pocket Plus is probably a better option in terms of memor usage. Of course Pocket Plus itself (particularly if you use the today screen plug in) has a fairly heavy memory overhead of its own (at least in my experience) that you may want to test out before making any purchase.

jickbahtech
03-27-2005, 10:22 PM
I've just started doing that actually...
I'm a couple days into a MultIE Trial, and I'm kinda liking it. (Memory usage is kinda steep, but my 2750 isn't hurting). I've been able to actively surf 4 pages at a time without any real performance issues.

I didn't even think of SPB, I guess I always thought of that as more of a Today Screen Manager.

I'll have to check that out next...

Stephen Beesley
03-28-2005, 10:50 AM
I've just started doing that actually...
I'm a couple days into a MultIE Trial, and I'm kinda liking it. (Memory usage is kinda steep, but my 2750 isn't hurting). I've been able to actively surf 4 pages at a time without any real performance issues.

Well right there I guess you are experiencing one of the benefits of the 2750's 128meg of RAM over the 64meg of my ol' Toshiba e755. Even with as much as possible moved into the flash ROM or CF Card I still tend to only have about 20meg of available program memory at any one time - which is just not enough for running MultiIE properly.