View Full Version : late to the party but just got my samsung i700

that dan guy
03-23-2005, 12:45 AM
I just got this phone as a replacement for a kyocera 7135 from verizon and it came this afternoon. My first impressions are that it is really cool and video playback is decent with beta player. Is there any tricks or cool apps that will make the transition from a ppc and a phone to a converged device easier any pitfalls that you guys can help me with? This thing is pretty cool so far.

thanks,

danno

rocky_raher
03-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Danno,
Welcome to the i700 club! [Oops!! Re-reading that intro, it looks like I'm making a reference to a well-known televangelist, whose name escapes me at the moment. That wasn't my intent!] Anyway, if you haven't done so already, I suggest reading the posts in the "Samsung" section below.

I do have one big complaint about the i700. At least two good applications, ThemeDream and Flash Format, won't run unless the phone application is running. Often I'd click on the icon for either, and nothing would happen. Ten minutes later I'd try to make a phone call, and as soon as I pressed the phone button ThemeDream or FlashFormat would pop up. So, if any app doesn't run right away, press the phone button!

that dan guy
03-23-2005, 04:05 PM
I am really digging having my ppc and phone in one device I am having problems with the processor staying in turbo mode. In my dell axim it asks me to do a soft reset once I switch into a different proc mode this doesn't and it seems to slip back into normal. Any help?

thanks,

danno

that dan guy
03-29-2005, 01:56 AM
This thing rocks I am surprised that the video playback on this thing is better than the video playback on my almost 2 year old dell axim x5 (400mhz running wm2003). videos that stuttered a little with the x5 play smoothly on my i700 (333mhz autostep) how is that? Well any way I was wondering about adding a bluetooth sd card and read that it works but doesn't recognize headsets. Has this changed? I spoke with a friend who has had one for over a year and he says he got it to work fine with an sd bluetooth card. Am I reading old info or is there still no fix? What do you guys know about it?

Danno