View Full Version : ipaq 1940 not reading storage card

mv
03-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Sometimes it does - Sometimes not. Sometimes i see no SD at all in the explorer or AS, sometimes just a few files. A soft reset always solve the problem. I hard reseted a few days ago, but no cure. Help anyone? is the iPAQ or the SD card?

Steven Cedrone
03-23-2005, 01:09 AM
Can you get another SD card to test with?

mv
03-23-2005, 02:15 AM
I can try that, but since itŽs erratic, iŽll have to test it for a few days... is there any way to know if my card is corrupted? Because if is not, it should be the ipaq, doesnŽt it?

Darius Wey
03-23-2005, 05:52 AM
Which ROM have you got installed? The latest fixes an SD card initialisation issue. Also, there's an SD card update at HP for the h1940. Install that and see if it's of any use.

mv
03-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Which ROM have you got installed? The latest fixes an SD card initialisation issue. Also, there's an SD card update at HP for the h1940. Install that and see if it's of any use.

ROM 1.10, the latest AFAIK. I also installed the SD driver update. But i still have errors from time to time... i have tried other cards, but like i said, iŽll have to try a few days to be sure. Have anyone experienced a similar problem? Can the combination iPAQ/card could be the problem?
Also, it tried to check the card with cnetx flash format, but when i tried to do that, it hangs the system. SK tools shows no problem on the card. ?? 8O

mv
03-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Ugh, lost everything again... wich one should i return, the card or the iPAQ? :(

Darius Wey
03-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Can the combination iPAQ/card could be the problem?

What do you mean by the combination iPAQ/card?

mv
03-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Can the combination iPAQ/card could be the problem?

What do you mean by the combination iPAQ/card?

Well, some Palm T3 pdaŽs failed when used certain sandisk cards. But when using the same card with other pda, or the same pda with other card, it works fine. 8O

Darius Wey
03-24-2005, 01:48 PM
I see. Well as was suggested earlier, you could try other cards, but you've said the same problem exists. You've also said that a hard reset was performed but that didn't solve anything. There could be the rare circumstance that all of your cards are somehow causing the problem, so the other thing you could try is seeing if all your cards work fine on another system. Do you have a PC with a card reader?

applejosh
03-24-2005, 07:14 PM
I've never had 100% success rate using SD cards in any modern PDA. (My old handera worked without a hitch, but you really couldn't do nearly as much with it as you can with PDA's these days.) My T3 will occasionally "not recognize" the SD card. I just eject it and re-insert the card and all is well. The same thing happens (with different cards) on my iPAQ (although not nearly as often, maybe once a week at most). I have 4 different SD cards (all Lexar at the moment), and each one has experienced these issues at some point. Never had a problem reading them in a card reader, and I've run disk scans on them to be sure. So, I either have bad karma, or it's just a fact of life that sometimes it doesn't always work. (I'm going with bad karma because computers never fail, right?)

mv
03-25-2005, 03:44 AM
Thanks to all you guys for your help. I just returned the iPAQ to the store where i bought it, and since they couldnŽt fix it , it will be exchanged for a brand new iPAQ 3715... of course, iŽll have to pay $100 more. They were giving me the 3115 for free, but i had to wait a month... :lol:

Darius Wey
03-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks to all you guys for your help. I just returned the iPAQ to the store where i bought it, and since they couldnŽt fix it , it will be exchanged for a brand new iPAQ 3715... of course, iŽll have to pay $100 more. They were giving me the 3115 for free, but i had to wait a month... :lol:

Wow. That's an awesome deal. Way to go. :way to go: