View Full Version : Fluff and Thoughts? verses Keeping one's word (aka honouring ones NDA)

Mitch D
03-22-2005, 07:08 PM
This poll is in response to a post made here in "Just Chatting" regardings Jason's front page post about "WM2005".

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38657

One of PPCT's member's not happy that Jason is honouring his NDA with microsoft and feels MVP's just like to flaunt the fact that they get access to info that is not for general release to everyone.

So I thought I would do a poll to see how other at PPCT feel about this topic.

<EDIT>I removed the poll as I think some people thought I was picking on Jason when I was not. I was making light of the person who made the inital post in the above link.

Wiggster
03-22-2005, 09:39 PM
You know, if things weren't kept secret, there'd be no such thing as rumors, and we wouldn't be upset. But we're upset that things are being kept secret so we don't get access to rumors from a small group of people.

Sure, that makes sense!

yankeejeep
03-22-2005, 11:58 PM
While NDAs can be a pain to those of us who are on the outside looking in, they have a positive side. They allow a developer (like MS) to push alpha products out to some veteran users with incomplete features and with technology that isn't fully developed in order to get feedback. In an era where intellectual property can be a company's major asset, NDAs are essential to get products out of the lab so they can really analyzed and put through their paces to find out what works and what doesn't. Most of us probably feel like most MS initial releases should be called public betas; can you imagine what they would be like if there weren't the folks with the NDAs who deal with the earlier versions?

Give Jason a break. At least he has been upfront about the change in the NDA terms and how it will impact PPCT's news postings. It gives us the chance to start some original rumors. I heard that WM2005 will support holographic projection and the first HP offering is going to have a Bose sound system!