View Full Version : Is intellisync more reliable and complete than active syc?

scarletknight
03-21-2005, 12:27 PM
see topic.

Menneisyys
03-21-2005, 12:50 PM
see topic.

It is much more complete. For example, you can define filters and a lot of other things. Intellisync is really worth checking out.

Phillip Dyson
03-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I use activesyn at home and intellisync at work.
I do agree that Intellisync is more complete but I have found it to be very cumbersome.

ActiveSync has less powerful filters, but is definitely more reliable and seemless.

Sven Johannsen
03-21-2005, 05:38 PM
I do agree that Intellisync is more complete but I have found it to be very cumbersome.

Am I incorrect in saying that Intellisync requires AS to be installed to function. That is, it uses the AS connectivity, and as such can't be any more reliable than AS is already.

Phillip Dyson
03-21-2005, 06:58 PM

Am I incorrect in saying that Intellisync requires AS to be installed to function. That is, it uses the AS connectivity, and as such can't be any more reliable than AS is already.

You are correct in that AS must be installed. I have it on my work computer but don't have any of the syncing options checked.

However, Intellisync has its own moving parts and they can fail all on their own. E.g. I am currently using version 5.03 because after 2 weeks back and forth with Pumatech tech support they deemed that I could not use the latest version.

Its also (in my experience) much more prone to fail a sync for whatever reason. I keep hoping for an upgrade that may even include support for my Smartphone 2003 but none yet.

If ActiveSync has as powerful filters, I would drop Intellisync altogether.

Intellisync is a decent tool it seems if you're not doing anything fancy like re-occuring tasks or appointments.

scarletknight
03-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Did pumatech improve its reliability? The reason I am looking at intellisyn is b/c I almost always get an error message stating that serve could not be found, or something to that fact.

My other possible, solution is to completely do away with 2003 Outlook. 90% of the time it crashes. Several times, I have re-installed it and still, to no avail.

You support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Phillip Dyson
03-22-2005, 03:39 AM
I can't really speak to your situation.
But I've never considered Intellisync to be rock solid